Infants, Toddlers and Pre-School
In this classroom, Sunday Schoolers color lesson pages, hear and read stories about Jesus, enjoy a snack, and have fun playing with toys and playground equipment.
The early elementary class for kindergarten through 2nd grade is family-friendly and fun! The teachers are kind and caring. Children learn about The Bible in ways that are understandable for younger ages.
3rd through 5th graders learn about how to find things in The Bible and read stories from it. They do crafts (like playing with clay), play games, cook food, and act out stories from The Bible.
6th through 8th graders learn about stories from The Bible and relate lessons to everyday life, learn Manners Moments, and play games like Apples to Apples and Scrabble (Bible versions!).
9th through 12th grades share highs and lows from the week, explore scripture lessons, and reasons for those concepts. They ask questions and discuss scenarios related to The Bible.
Middle School and High School youth help with Vacation Bible School and participated in a hybrid, safe-distance version of the Sierra Service Project this summer. The mission of SSP is “Building faith and strengthening communities through service to others.” Participants will be led through activities, thoughtful sessions, and songs to explore personal faith journeys and connections with other communities.
For more information, contact Director of Youth Ministries Franklyn Shen through the church office.
The Church of the Good Shepherd United Methodist Youth Fellowship (UMYF) is a loving, supportive and nurturing environment for youth who are in the 6th-12th grades. The youth have been active at this church since 1961! CGS UMYF participates in weekly meetings and activities.
Past Year Activities
- Participation in the “30 Hour Famine”, making cookies and blankets for the Friends in Need Women’s Shelter, and helping serve dinner for Family Promise.
- Participation in the Lenten All Church Book Study.
- In the spring, the Youth Bells, Youth Choir, and UMYF host the Annual SSP Cabaret, lead two Youth Services, lead the Easter Sunrise service, and participate in the All-Choir Concert.
- During the summer, the youth help to lead Vacation Bible School, participate in District Summer Camps, and Sierra Service Project.
Times and Locations
- Sunday School: Sunday @ 10:15AM – 11:00AM
- Youth Bells: Sundays @ 11:20AM – 12:00PM (Grades 6th-12th grade)
- Youth Choir: Sundays @ 4:30PM – 6:00PM (Grades 6th-12th grade)
- UMYF: Sundays @ 6:00PM – 7:30PM (Grades 6th-12th grade)